Current Clinical Client
The Constitutional Transitions Clinic
Constitutional Transitions mobilizes knowledge through an innovative clinical program that provides “back office” research support to constitutional advisors in the field, and deploys faculty experts and field researchers for support on the ground. We meet existing field missions’ needs for comprehensive research, dramatically enhancing their effectiveness and efficiency in their role as policy advisors and actors.
What are the components of the Constitutional Transitions Clinic’s support for constitution building?
- “Back Office”: A team of 12 law student researchers (working 20 hours/week), based at NYU Law, responds to requests from the field for focused research support.
- Field researchers: NYU Law interns are stationed with the client to anchor the project.
- Faculty experts: NYU Law faculty members are deployed as short-term foreign experts.
Who are our clients?
- Client partnerships are project-specific, tied to specific constitutional transitions and a specific institutional actor.
What are our research outputs?
- In-depth research memos and reports drawing lessons from global best practices to support constitutional processes.